UK Same-Sex Partner Visa
Click image to view our rates
A UK same-sex partner visa is applied for by Filipinos who want to live permanently in the UK with their British same-sex partner.
There are actually two UK visa categories which a Filipino same-sex partner of a British national can apply for in order to settle permanently in the UK:
1. If the relationship is registered in a country recognized by the UK under Schedule 20 of the Civil Partnership Act 2004 or if the applicant can comply with the “general conditions” (read civil partner visa page), they can apply for a UK civil partner visa.
2. If, however, compliance with the foregoing requisites would not be possible, then the UK same-sex visa is the better recourse.
Under the UK same-sex visa, the Filipino applicant need to prove that the relationship has been ongoing for a period of at least two years, and that they (applicant and British sponsor) have been living in a relationship akin to marriage within this period.
Aside from this very important of requirement, the following requisites must also be present:
1. that any previous relationships of either parties must have permanently broken down
2. that they plan to live together permanently in the UK
3. that they can support each other financially once in the UK
4. that they have adequate accommodation without resorting to public funds
5. that the parties are at least 21 years of age