BEST EVIDENCE TO PROVE TWO-YEAR COHABITATION PERIOD
To strengthen the application for the UK Unmarried Partner Visa and in order to prove that the “relationship akin to marriage” has been going on for a period of at least two (2) years, ECO-Friendly explains that the applicant should submit a minimum of six (6) correspondences addressed to the applicant and the British sponsor/partner as proof that they have been living together.
ECO-Friendly stresses that it would be better to submit correspondences addressed to the couple jointly, but if they have no such document, any other correspondence addressed to the applicant or the British sponsor individually will be sufficient, as long as they can establish that they both live in the same address for the minimum period required.
The dates covered by the correspondence should be spread over the whole period in which the applicant declared they lived together.
The UKBA suggests the following documents as examples of correspondence which may be filed with the application as proof of living together, but in no way is the list limited to these papers:
Proof of the "two-year living together" is the most crucial piece of supporting document which the applicant must submit in order to show that he or she is the Unmarried Partner of the UK Sponsor. However, ECO-Friendly emphasizes that mere living together is not adequate and that in order for the applicant to be qualified for the UK Unmarried Partner Visa, they must submit evidence the the relationship between the parties is "akin to marriage".
OTHER REQUIREMENTS LISTED UNDER THE UKBA WEBSITE
Under the UKBA website, the applicant for the UK Unmarried Partner Visa should possess the following requirements to be considered as eligible for the entry clearance applied for:
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WHICH MAY BE SUBMITTED BY THE APPLICANT FOR THE UK UNMARRIED PARTNER VISA TO SHOW COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS
In order to prove compliance with the requirements mentioned above, the UKBA suggests the submission of the applicable supporting documents enumerated in the UKBA website:
- Completed visa application form
- Valid present passport as well as old/expired passports
- Colored passport photo, in accordance with the specification of the VFS-UK
- Evidence of applicant's marital status
- Evidence of compliance with the English language requirement
- Applicant's bank statements
- Tax returns
- Business Bank Account Statements
- Evidence of other income
- Evidence of British sponsor's current employment and other means of livelihood or income
- Evidence of Immigration status of the British sponsor
- Evidence that the partners have been living together in a relationship "akin to marriage" for a period of at least two (2) years
(MORE ECO-FRIENDLY FILING TIPS...)
For other queries related to UK Unmarried Partner Visa, you do not hesitate to call, text or email ECO-Friendly:
NO CONSULTATION FEE!!!