According to the visa application center website, “…all customers may apply for the Priority Visa service apart from applicants who are applying for visas to visit other Commonwealth countries, British Overseas Territories, and Crown Dependencies (the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).”
Aside from applicants for the UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa or other UK Settlement Visas, other applicants for the UK visas like UK Visitor Visa, Points Based System Tier 2, Points Based System Tier 5, Points Based System Tier 4-(child or dependent) may also apply through the Priority Visa.
ECO-Friendly would like to explain that there are three (3) types of Priority Visa Service:
- The Super Priority Visa
- The Priority Visa
- The Priority Visa for Settlement or Migration Service
Under the Super Priority, it is the fastest way to obtain a decision for your application.
Since the decision is released 24 hours after the application is filed, applicants for the UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa or any other UK Settlement Visa are not allowed to avail of this service.
The reason is that there are several factors to consider and requirements to inspect that it is impossible for the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to come up with a decision within a span of 24 hours.
Only the following are allowed to take advantage of this Super Priority Service:
• All visitor visa customers (excluding those from Commonwealth countries, overseas domestic workers and customers from British Overseas Territories)
• Points Based System Tier 2 customers
• Points Based System Tier 5 customers or Temporary Workers (Creative and Sporting), if currently in the country of application for a similar purpose to the activity proposed to be undertaken in the UK
• Points Based System Tier 4 customers, Tier 4 (Child) and Tier 4 (Dependants)
ECO-Friendly would like to emphasize that only citizens and lawful residents of the Philippines may file using the Super Pruiority Service in the Philippines.
Payment for this type of service is PHP64,052 which may be paid online or over the counter.
PRIORITY VISA SERVICE
This type of visa service is available for applicants for the UK Visit Visa, UK Work Visa or the UK Student Visa. According to the visa application center website, they “…aim to make a decision on (the applicant’s) Priority Visa application … within five (5) working days from when you (the applicant) submit your biometric information.”
In other words, the target is for the decision to be released within five (5) working days but this is not the guaranty. The reason for this is that there are some other factors that may come up in the investigation and research of the ECO which may hamper the expeditious or fast release of the decision (these topic will be discussed below).
However, if the applicant pays for this service, the assurance is that their papers will be placed, “…at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process.
ECO Immigration Consultancy therefore suggests that if the applicant is not really in a hurry to get the decision, to just file under the normal procedure which has a processing period of 13-15 working days.
Payment for this type of service is PHP14,204 which may be paid online or over the counter.
PRIORITY VISA FOR SETTLEMENT OR MIGRATION SERVICE
This type of service is availed by those applying for the UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa or any other UK Settlement Visa who wants the decision to be released 30 working days after the application is lodged.
Payment for this type of service is PHP38,391 which may be paid online or over the counter.
ECO Immigration Consultancy, however would like to stress that these number of days for processing the application is a mere aim or estimate. Because just like the Priority Visa Service, there are certain issues that might be taken into consideration that may lead to the delay of the application process.
In the case the last two services (Priority Service and Priority Service for Settlement or Immigration Service) if the application is not straightforward, this may hinder the period of decision-making process.
According to the website of the visa application center, UKVI, “…aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa (family migration / settlement) application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 30 working days from when you submit your biometric information.” (Five days for the UK Visit Visa, UK Work Visa and UK Student Visa).
The website adds that, “…every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UK Visas and Immigration will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:”
- Been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
- Been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or
- Been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
- Overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
- Had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
- Been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
- Been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
- You have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
- You have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
- You have committed a criminal offence in any country.
“If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UK Visas and Immigration may be unable to process your application within the faster timescale.”
ECO Immigration Consultancy reminds all applicants that availing any of these services is not a guaranty of instant approval and the applicant must still comply with all the requirements in order to be considered as eligible for the visa being applied for.