According to the rules, applicants (including those coming from the Philippines) who plan to come to the UK for a period of more than six (6) months needs to submit themselves to a TB test at the only accredited TB Test clinic in the Philippines.
Thus, ECO-Friendly reminds that aside from UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa and other UK Settlement Visa applicants, other applicants for other visas like Dependants of Tier 2 Visas, Dependants of Sudent Visas, etc. likewise need to undergo the test.
With regard to Visit Visa applicants, they are only exempt from the required TB Test if they plan to stay for less than six (6) months.
ECO-Friendly cites the list of applicants who are exempt from the TB Test:
- Diplomat accredited to the UK
- A returning UK resident who haven’t been away for more than 2 years
- Applicants who have lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 month
Children of UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa and other UK Settlement Visa applicants who will travel to the UK with the principal applicant who are below 11 years old are exempted from taking the TB Test.
ECO-Friendly would like to inform applicants that if the child is above 11 years of age, the authorized clinician shall have the discretion on whether the child need to undergo the TB test or not after careful consultation and interview.
If the applicant for the UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa and other UK Settlement Visa is pregnant, they can choose from the three (3) options below:
- Continue with the x-ray with an extra shield to protect the pregnant applicant as well as the unborn child in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters
- Undergo a sputum test (phlegm coughed up from your lungs) – under this option, the applicant for the UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiancée Visa and other UK Settlement Visa will be asked to wait for the result which may be released after two (2) months or more.
- Or the applicant may just wait until after delivery