For now, let us discuss the UK Business Visitor Visa.
In applying for a UK Business Visitor Visa, applicants must show that the main purpose of their visit is purely for business reasons.
The following are examples of business-related activities which applicants may declare in the application, as listed by the UK Embassy:
- The applicant is coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training
- The applicant wants to take part in a specific sports-related event
- The applicant is an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform
- The applicants are academics and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme
- The applicant is a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post
- The applicant wants to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- The applicant wants to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK
It is therefore very vital to show the invitations, schedules, letters or tickets to be provided by the UK company or institution who invited the applicant.
The said letter, invitation or ticket should show the name of the group who formed or organized the symposium or seminar.
Just like any visit visa, it is likewise very important for the applicant to prove that he or she will return to the Philippines before the lapse of his or her allowed stay in the UK.
It is therefore essential that the applicant not only present proof of the organization inviting him, but he must also present proof of ties to the Philippines like family, properties, sources of income such as employment, business, as well as proof that he or she is capable of financing the trip.
If it is the British national or resident or company who will be spending for the trip, it must show that they are competent to pay for the trip.
Suitable accommodation in the UK must likewise be shown by the applicant so it is also important that the application be accompanied by advanced bookings for hotels as well as the itinerary for the whole trip.
To show that the company or UK sponsor is a legitimate company or organization, the legal documents showing registration with the appropriate UK government agency must also be attached with the application.